csv-import to memtable

Home Forums kbmMemTable csv-import to memtable

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  relaur 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

relaur
    Participant

How/Where do I specify the format for dates, when importing to memtable ?

And another issue: If csv-file contains national or accented characters I am getting this error:
    “No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page.”

How do I deal with that ?

Using Delphi XE7 and Memtable 7.74.10 Standard Edition

kimbomadsen
    Keymaster

Hi,

kbmMemTable’s own CSV file stream formatter default use an internal formatsetting. However if you specify sfSaveLocalFormat in sfLocalFormat, it will use the FormatSettings property on the kbmMemTable.

relaur
    Participant

Hi

Thank you for your answer concerning formats. I wasn’t aware of kbmMemTable’s formatsettings property (as it is not published).

Do you have any idea about how to deal with the character-code error ?

I am very happy with the way import works., except for the character-code error. I like that there is no claim about field-order  and that the csv-file can contain additional columns. But my problem is if the csv-file just contains 1 single national or accented character – perhaps even in a column that is not imported – then the import is aborted!

kimbomadsen
    Keymaster

kbmMemTable’s CSV format can load data in ASCII, ANSI, UTF8 and UTF16 format. Default, if nothing else is defined, it will attempt loading in UTF8 format.

You can specify the loading format in the CSV.sfLocalFormat property. Include one of sfLoadAsASCII, sfLoadAsANSI or sfLoadAsUTF16 or if none are included, it defaults to UTF8.

relaur
    Participant

Hi

Thank you again. That solved my problem !

BUT: I have only sfLoadAsANSI and sfLoadAsASCII ! Why ?

My csvStreamFormat is version 3.10 and memtable 7.74.10 Standard Edition

Is something wrong or am I just some versions behind ?

kimbomadsen
    Keymaster

sfLoadAsUTF16 was introduced in latest 7.82.
    You are approximately 3 years of updates behind 🙂

relaur
    Participant

OK thanks. Seems we’ve forgotten to use our subscription.

How/Where do I download new version. ?

Our latest renewal was: <b>COM181209-9253-63104B</b>

Please mail me (rl@ssv.dk) and not bj@ssv.dk cause Bjørn is on holiday !

kimbomadsen
      Keymaster

Your subscription is up to date, so you have access to the newest versions. Please visit https://portal.components4developers.com, enter your email address and your chosen password to log in (rl@ is the one with the up to date license) (or alternatively request a new one, which will be sent to your email address).

relaur
    Participant

Thank You ! I’m  now up to date and got my questions answered !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.