We are happy to announce v5 of our popular middleware for Delphi and
Yet again kbmMW continues to set the bar for what an n-tier product must be capable of in the real world!
We hope you will take the time to test this Beta release in your setup and report back regression errors to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords for this release:
- Huge number of new features and improvements!
- New Smart services and clients for very easy publication of functionality and use from clients and REST aware systems without any boilerplate code.
- New high quality random functions.
- New high quality pronouncable password generators.
- New support for YAML, BSON, Messagepack in addition to JSON and XML.
- New Object Notation framework which JSON, YAML, BSON and Messagepack is directly based on, making very easy conversion between these formats and also XML which now also supports the object notation framework.
- Lots of new object marshalling improvements, including support for marshalling native Delphi objects to and from YAML, BSON and Messagepack in addition to JSON and XML.
- New LogFormatter support making it possible to customize actual logoutput format.
- CORS support in REST/HTML services.
- Focus on central performance improvements.
- Pre XE2 compilers no longer officially supported.
- Bug fixes
Look at end of post for detailed list of additions, changes and fixes.
Professional and Enterprise Edition is available for all with a current active SAU.
If your SAU has run out, please visit our shop to extend it with another 12 months.
CodeGear Edition is available for free, but only supports a specific Delphi/Win32 SKU, contains a limited feature set and do not include source.
Please visit https://portal.components4developers.com to download.
kbmMW is the premiere n-tier product for Delphi, C++Builder and FPC on .Net, Win32, Win64, Linux, Java, PHP, Android, IOS, embedded devices, websites, mainframes and more.
Please visit http://www.components4developers.com for more information about kbmMW.
Components4Developers is a company established in 1999 with the purpose of providing high quality development tools for developers and enterprises. The primary focus is on SOA, EAI and systems integration via our flagship product kbmMW.
kbmMW is a portable, highly scalable, high end application server and enterprise architecture integration (EAI) development framework for Win32, ..Net and Linux with clients residing on Win32, .Net, Linux, Unix, Mainframes, Minis, Embedded and many other places. It is currently used as the backbone in hundreds of central systems, in
hospitals, courts, private, industries, offshore industry, finance, telecom, governements, schools, laboratories, rentals, culture institutions, FDA approved medical devices, military and more.
5.00.00 Beta Feb 19 2017
Important notes (changes that may break existing code)
* Officially now only supporting XE2 and forward. Support for pre XE2 may not be complete.
– Officially now only supporting XE2 and forward. Support for
pre XE2 may not be complete.
– Added RemoteLocationsPrimaryPart to
TkbmMWAuthorizationTransportConstraint (default false).
If set to true, will only compare primary part of
Primary part is defined by everything up til the last ‘:’. In most
cases that will mean the IP address without the port number.
– Added IkbmMWLogFormatter interface to kbmMWLog.
– Added TkbmMWStandardLogFormatter to kbmMWLog. It contains vastly
improved features for controlling the look and layout of the log
output. Its the default used log formatter.
– Added TkbmMWSimpleLogFormatter to kbmMWLog. It outputs a log with
only datetime, type (info/warning/error/fatal etc) and log string.
– Added LogFormatter property to IkbmMWLogManager. It can be set to a
custom log formatter.
– Added mwldtRaw log data type and methods LogRaw to IkbmMWLog. It
allows for logging bytes or strings without
– Added global SystemLog instance which will always output to system
log outputs. It is used as a fallback in case the regular log system
– Added support for marshalling/unmarshalling named enum values via
the new kbmMW_Enum attribute.
Its useful when an enum value cant be used as an identifier or its
value should be different from its presented name.
– Added ExceptOnUnknownType to TkbmMWCustomRTTIMarshal. It controls if
to throw an exception if an unknown type is accessed or not
– Added support for marshalling/unmarshalling TDictionary<K,V> types.
– Added support for correctly instantiating classes in unmarshalling
that contains a capacity constructor argument.
– Added Run methods to TkbmMWScheduler. It allows for one time run and
forget scheduled async code. They are used in the same way as the
Schedule methods, but sets Occurs to mwsoRun.
The job will be automatically unscheduled after the run.
– Added overloaded DelayInitial(const AInitialDelaySecs:double) to
It allows for directly giving an initial delay in seconds. It
supports fractional second values.
– Added Clear to TkbmMWScheduledEvents (scheduler.Events) to allow for
clearing all scheduled events. Running events will be allowed to
– Added GetNameSpaceByURI, DefaultNameSpace, DefaultNameSpaceURI to
– Added SearchRelNodeByID, SearchNodeByID, SearchRelNodeByGivenName,
SearchNodeByGivenName to IkbmMWDOMXMLParser.
– Added ExpandNameSpace, GivenName, ChildrenByGivenName,
ChildByGivenName, CheckChildByGivenName to TkbmMWDOMXMLNode.
– Added CheckNodeByGivenName, NodeByGivenName to TkbmMWXMLNodeList.
– Added missing ADSDBF support to kbmMWReg.
– Added mwrtoOptionalInsert,mwrtoKeyNotNullInsert,
mwrtoOptionalDelete,mwrtoKeyNotNullDelete and table modifier flags
OIM/OMI (optional insert/modify), OID/ODI (optional insert/delete),
OMD/ODM (optional modify/delete), OI (optional insert),
OD (optional delete), OM (optional modify),
KIM/KMI (insert/modify on key not null), KID/KDI (insert/delete on
key not null),
KMD/KDM (modify(delete on key not null), KI (insert on key not null),
KM (modify on key not null), KD (delete on key no null)
They allow for more finegrained definition on when insert/update
/delete should happen.
If one of the optional (OIM,OMD,OID,OI,OD,OM) is given, no exception
will be raised for the table when an operation did not succeed, and
resolving will continue. If one of the key (KIM,KMD,KID,KI,KM,KD) is
given, record resolve operation will be skipped for the specific
record if key is null.
– Added ReadBOM overloaded methods with default TEncoding option to
– Added overloaded kbmMWTextToString, kbmMWExpectText,
kbmMWGetComputerName functions to kbmMWGlobal.pas.
– Added optional ACallback anonymous function to SendAsyncRequest and
SendAsyncRequestEx in kbmMWClient.pas (WIB only).
It allows for providing an anonymous function that should be called
when an async response is returned. The function must follow this
– Added LOB blob/clob support (user fix) to DOA adapter.
– Vastly improved XSD importer.
– Added generic Object Notation framework for building virtual object
trees consisting of TkbmMWONNative, TkbmMWONArray and TkbmMWONObject
which all are based on TkbmMWONCustomObject.
– Added YAML parser/generator based on object notation framework.
– Added Messagepack parser/generator based on object notation
– Added BSON parser/generator based on object notation framework.
– Added support for converting XML to and from object notation format
via LoadFromObjectNotation and SaveToObjectNotation functions.
– Added new TkbmMWCustomSmartService and TkbmMWCustomHTTPSmartService
services, which can be selected in the service wizard to create
smart services. Smart services supports tagging any function to be
exported to a smart client or a REST client
– Updated transports to support marshalling objects via the transport.
– Added several near lock free features to kbmMWGlobal, including
TkbmMWLockFreeStack, more interlocked functions, lock free array GC
fixes, optional TkbmMWREWLock statistics, support for TkbmMWMREWLock
can switch to TMonitor for reader/writer fair support.
– Optimized many algorithms like TkbmMWStringBuilder,
TkbmMWGenerateGUID, TkbmMWGenerateShortGUID and many more to improve
– Added many new general purpose functions to kbmMWGlobal.
– Added direct support for salt in hash functions deriving from
– Added support for anonymous functions in async kbmMWClient requests
– Added new kbmMWRTTI unit with loads of RTTI functionality.
– Added YAML stream format for kbmMemTable and descendants.
– Added Messagepack stream format for kbmMemTable and descendants.
– Added BSON stream format for kbmMemTable and descendants.
– Added object marshalling to and from YAML.
– Added object marshalling to and from Messagepack.
– Added object marshalling to and from BSON.
– Added ServicePath property to TkbmMWClientIdentity.
– Added MaxLogins to TkbmMWAuthorizationManager which is default 100
to prevent potential login spam.
– Added support for HTTPSys based transport for Windows. Its specially
useful for high performance RESTful applications.
– Added AutoRegisterServices method to TkbmMWServer which can be used
for automatically locating and registering any service that has the
kbmMW_Service attribute defined. It makes use of the old
RegisterService and RegisterServiceByName optional.
– Added LocalSinceEpochMS, UTCSinceEpochMS, Temporenc to
TkbmMWDateTime. Temporenc is a very compact binary encoding of a
– Added FastSetUTC method to TkbmMWDateTime to threadsafely very fast
setting the UTC value of an already defined TkbmMWDateTime record.
The record MUST be initialized before using FastSetUTC, for example
– Added ValueToStream, ValueFromStream, ValueToBytes and
TkbmMWCustomRTTIMarshal. Allows for easy marshalling objects to and
from bytes and streams.
– Added ExceptOnUnknownType boolean property to
Controls if an exception should be thrown in case a type cant be
marshalled or unmarshalled, or it should be silently skipped.
– Added Devart MyDAC support (DMYDAC).
– Added CORS support (Cross Origin-Resource Sharing) in
TkbmMWCustomHTTPService and descendants. (OnCORS event).
– Added PerformOPTIONS and PerformPATCH support to
(OnOptions and OnPatch in TkbmMWEventHTTPService).
– Added REST transport stream format which must be used if non HTTPSys
transport is used for smart services.
– Added TkbmMWSmartClient which allows simple and easy access to
server side smart functions.
Check simpleinvocation sample.
– Added high quality random functions in new kbmMWRandom unit.
TkbmMWRandomDelphi (32 bit non high quality ramdom!),
TkbmMWRandomSplitMix (64 bit)
TkbmMWRandomXoroshiro128Plus (64 bit),
TkbmMWRandomXoroshiro1024 (64 bit),
TkbmMWRandomPCGUInt32 (32 bit),
TkbmMWRandomMersenneTwisterUInt32 (32 bit),
TkbmMWRandomMersenneTwisterUInt64 (64 bit)
– Added high quality pronouncable password generators in new unit
– Added support for ExchangeType in TkbmMWAMQPClient.
– Added new GC and CloseAndGC methods in TkbmMWAMQPChannel to force
getting rid of defunct/cached but unused AMQP channels.
– Added IPVersion property to TkbmMWCustomTCPIPIndyClientTransport.
– Removed (mwloProcessThreadInfo,mwloThreadName from TkbmMWLogOption
since its now controlled by the log formatter.
– Changed Activate method of IkbmMWScheduledEvent to have true as
default argument AValue.
– Changed SetAsDuration and GetAsDuration to use TkbmMWDuration
instead of TkbmMWDateTime.
– Added support for checking if path is accessible in
– Changed JSON parser/generator to be based on the object notation
– Improved scalability of FastCGI services to better spread load
accross multiple instances.
– Fixed A/V when attempting to use audit file.
– Fixed missing clearing of TkbmMWDuration when parsing duration
strings, resulting in an incorrect duration value (instead of null)
on invalid duration strings.
– Fixed TDuration.Passed(const ADuration:TkbmMWDuration) which didnt
return correct value.
– Fixed deactivating precise scheduled events.
– Fixed events scheduled to start on day, month, week or year
– Fixed issues to initial delay in scheduled events.
– Fixed parsing tags crossing line boundaries in XML parser.
– Fixed various namespace issues in XML parser.
– Fixed WIB compilation issue for XE.
– Fixed TkbmMWStreamStore offset bug when writing first segment.
– Fixed potential shutdown issue in Indy10 transports due to Indy10
– Fixed kbmMWDependency non accumulating memory leaks.
– Fixed NexusDB transport compilation.
– Fixed Autoinc field detection in EDB (ElevateDB) adapter.
22,263 total views, 2 views today