Smartbinding

Home Forums kbmMW Smartbinding

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mrluigi2017 2 months ago.

• Author

mrluigi2017
    Participant

Hi,

Does smartbinding has some kind of “dataset” state?

Thanks in advance!

kimbomadsen
    Keymaster

Hi,

Im not sure exactly what you are asking.
    But SmartBinding does have the ability to bind to TDataSource and TDataset (descendants) as a source. It also provides a matching navigator for moving around.

best regards
    Kim/C4D

mrluigi2017
    Participant

Im not sure exactly what you are asking.

I was afraid for that 🙂 One more try…

When you use datasets and data-aware controls the data-aware controls change from editable to non editable states depending on the state of the dataset dsEdit, dsBrowse etc. The dbnavigator enables only relevant buttons.This works very easy. I wonder if the same enabling/disabling of input controls can be accomplished with smartbinding and non dataset objects in an easy way.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  mrluigi2017.

kimbomadsen
      Keymaster

Hi Luigi,

Smartbinding binds properties, so it could also bind the dataset state property with the enabled property of those controls that supports that.

However generally Smartbinding allows for updating/editing data in the destination (also if it is a dataset), simply by changing the source value.

I recognize that there can be a great potential here for more automation to easily control state of controls. I will keep it in mind and have a think about it 🙂

best regards

Kim/C4D

mrluigi2017
    Participant

Most ORM frameworks I know use some kind of dataset between the GUI and the logic. Can the same be accomplished in kbmmw if you twoway smartbind a memtable to a TObjectList/TObject?

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  mrluigi2017.

kimbomadsen
      Keymaster

Yes… SmartBind will bind to kbmMW’s ORM data in addition to binding to traditional datasets.

best regards

Kim/C4D

mrluigi2017
    Participant

Supercool 🙂 Can’t wait to try it out.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.